Thursday, May 7, 2009

This morning.

This was the strangest morning ever.

I woke up slightly before my alarm, rolled over, went back to sleep, woke up with the alarm, shut off the alarm, and dozed for two more minutes before hauling my carcass out of bed. I wandered into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, put in my contacts, and got dressed (bloody uniform). I ate breakfast (cheese omelet, tomatoes, sausage), found my shoes without incident, grabbed my bag, and walked out the door just as the bus was pulling up (7:43).

It was exactly the way a morning routine is supposed to work.

That's never the way my morning routine works. I didn't oversleep, I didn't have to wait fifteen minutes for Ege or Efe to primp. I didn't spill tea all down my uniform. I didn't put my elbow in the Nutella. Everything worked.

Something just feels wrong.

2 comments:

Maeghan said...

Why is it labeled 'Canada'?

Anne said...

sometimes you just need to take a good thing at face value