Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mid-trip Update!

So! We're on the trip! Day two! And there are lots of exciting pictures and stories, but as I'm pressed for time an don't know how long this connection is going to last...here's a sample.

  1. Calling my mother to wish her Happy Mother's Day from a 1500 year-old ruin. While I was surrounded by goats.
  2. Myself, Maeghan the Canadian, Blase from Michigan, and Garet from Chicago chasing a beleaguered sparrow fledgling around our hotel balcony with a hand towel and a drinking glass, and then stacking chairs and pillows so we could reach the nest to shove the dang thing back in.
  3. Maeghan the Canadian flopping onto the hotel bed tonight and announcing, "Holy Lumpy Pillows, Batman!"
  4. The aforementioned trio in Point 2 surrounding my computer while I'm typing this to argue about the definition of "beleagured."
  5. Garet: "Hey! I just flexed my butt cheeks!"
I think I'd better stop there.

3 comments:

The Mouse said...

Have I mentioned I wish I was with you? Well, I wish I was with you. Sounds like you are having way more fun than I am.

Carly said...

Oh, honey, I wish you were here. We were within spitting distance of the Syrian border today. Our guide was like, "See those houses over there? They're in Syria."

Anonymous said...

You express very well and report the things in such a way that it makes me re-go very much! Sorry, my english is not very good because i'm argentine (: