Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kindness of Strangers (part II)

My host family is out of town this weekend, so I am, of course, partying it up - which in my case, seems to consist of sitting around in my pajamas, drinking too much Turkish coffee and watching Dr. Horrible on YouTube (through a proxy, natch). It's not terribly exciting.

So I was a bit surprised when the doorbell rang this evening and disrupted my short-term hermitude.

It was the neighbor from across the hall, whom I have spoken to perhaps once, and she came bearing this:



It was quite delicious.

Those little fish look a bit dubious - I believe they're fried anchovies - but they are very good. Just be careful - the little bones are pokey.



Next time I make cookies, she gets first dibs.

2 comments:

Hannah Brewer said...

Having never commented on previous posts for fear of degrading them with my lack of proper snark, I feel this is a good place to start.
You are missed here, but I am glad you have found some comfort there, even if it comes from strangers. And of course I am thrilled you are watching Dr. Horrible.
Take more photos, I especially enjoyed the few of the Grand Bizar (apologies for the spelling).
Much love.
(Oh, and I've found a way to view Doctor Who Season 4. I'm thrilled out of my head!)

Anonymous said...

Hannah tell me how! I'm currently waiting for Netflix to have Season 4 arrive!