Thursday, November 20, 2008

Of course

I have been in this country for just over three months. I have learned many strange and wonderful things:
  • Hookah is in fact pretty boring
  • Traffic in Turkiye obeys the Cartoon Laws of Physics
  • Pomegranate trees look pretty silly when in fruit
However, there are somethings that I am simply never, ever going to remember:
  • Doors of commercial establishments open inward
  • Stair treads are roughly half an inch taller here than in other parts of the world I have traversed
These latter two have inflicted bruises. You'd think I'd remember them by now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're alive and well. I talked with Ann's mom (Carol?) and she told me about your move. Sounds like things are going better now. I have tried emailing you, just so you know I've wondering how you're doing.
As for the cabbage...I can't think of a food I dislike more, except maybe beets, so if they are that big, you may keep them all. I will take the fresh air, though!
Crazy teacher.