Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, Etc.

Firstly, you all should amble on over to Maeghan's Easter post, which features lovely tulip pictures (which - ahem - I took with her camera because mine is still out of commission). Also, the word "tons" spelled "tonnes," which always makes me laugh.

The weekend was uneventful. On Saturday, Maeghan and I trekked to Bakırköy and window-shopped. Sunday, I spent the day with Third Host Family, which was fabulous. I got there at noon, just in time for breakfast - when I lived there, no one stirred before 11:30 on a Sunday; it's nice to see things stay the same - and visited friends of theirs. Then to a bazaar for vegetables (carrots and lettuce and eggplant and cucumber and strawberries and pears, oh my!) and a brief stop at the best baklava/ciğ köfte place in the world ever. No exaggeration. Then back to the house to make mondo salads and soup and about eight different desserts (sweet tooths? Us? Nah) and Flight of the Conchords on CNBC-e.

No eggs were involved, but it was a very good Easter.

No comments: