Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Travelpalooza 2.8

Right...so there aren't any pictures for the second day in Antalya. In between the jumping in out of the Mediterranean; eating twice my weight in free, gourmet food; and getting grossly sunburned in inconvenient areas around the borders of my swimsuit, not to mention a chunk down my left leg that looked startlingly like South America, I simply didn't want to worry about toting a camera around with me. Sorry.

And I gotta say...I don't really see the appeal of the massive resort thing. I mean, laying in the sun with a book was pretty cool for a while, but after eight hours and multiple nasty sunburns...meh. For reasons that somewhat escape logic, out of all the exchange students, only Juliana, Maeghan, and myself managed to behave like responsible human beings when it came to sunscreen, and a number of exchange students wound up with something closely resembling sunstroke. Oops.

Anyway. The sun was fun, the minibar was fun, the disco was fun, but after a couple days, the fact that there was nothing do actually do started to rub. Apparently the point of resorts is to do nothing? I'm not too clear on that point, but after the screeching urban crazy of Istanbul, all that calm started to rub the wrong way. I even started to contemplate hitting the resort gym, and if that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what does.

On the other hand, the food was both excellent and free. So there's that.

No comments: